Thursday, December 02, 2010

One of Kola's Losses

A project this fall has been a letter from Kola to the orphanage director. She often allowed him to play in her office while she worked, and he seemed to be one of her favorites. I am grateful that he had a close relationship with a staff member there.

One difficulty in sending this letter, however, is that Jonathan and I misplaced the address, which we finally found. Another factor is that the letter must be translated into Ukrainian, since the director doesn't read English. But that problem has a solution now, since we can take the letter to the Ukrainian dance school, where David and Kola take classes.

I have worked with Kola on his letter. He dictated to me how he wanted to start it:

Dear Director,
You are a nice lady. I miss you so much. Thank you for giving me candy. Thank you for inviting me to your office every day. Your office smelled really really good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home