Friday, November 01, 2013

Another Change

It's likely that my father suffered a stroke in the last few days. The left side of his face has been affected, and also his speech. He can no longer roll over in bed. Because he is in hospice care, we won't be receiving a firm diagnosis, which requires a hospital stay. His last few visits to the emergency room and hospital have been very hard on him and the rest of the family in Virginia, and we don't want to put any of them through that again when there's no hope for a cure.

I talked with Dad last night, and we sang "Holy, Holy, Holy" and "Beautiful Savior" together. He's too weak to sing in his bass voice, but his falsetto was wonderfully flutelike in tone. I'd never heard him sing that way before. He also knew most of the words of the hymns, and also the Lord's Prayer. Mom told me that his conversations with me, my brother, and sister gave him comfort.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home