Thursday, October 27, 2016

Passages


David started a job at Toys R Us, and completed their training sessions.  But because he was hired for seasonal employment, it was too soon before Christmas to give him any hours.  That didn't sit well with him, so he found another job cooking for a pizza restaurant.

Nevertheless, it was a joyous day when his Toys R Us paycheck arrived.  He and I took the check to the bank to deposit into his savings account.  He beamed and told the teller that it was his first-ever paycheck.

Before she made the deposit, she asked him if he was sure about the transaction:  "Maybe you'd like to frame it for your wall?"

1 Comments:

At 4:50 PM, Blogger Dawn Rundman said...

Dear Mary, Jonathan, and Wonderful Stahlke Children,
Today I received a letter from Concordia University and thought back to my years there. I thought of you, our Bonnie Brae neighbors, and did a quick search. To my delight, I found your blog!

I hope you are doing well and I send you many warm thoughts and wishes! Someday when we are in Chicago, I hope we can connect.

If you decide to visit the Twin Cities for the Minnesota Institute of Art's Martin Luther exhibit, please let us know!

Dawn and Jonathan Rundman

 

Post a Comment

<< Home