Tuesday, June 05, 2007

A Little News

Darlene, our social worker in Connecticut, received an Email from Masha, our facilitator in Ukraine. Masha explained that her phone and Internet access had been out for a full week due to technical problems. That must be very frustrating for her, since phoning and Email are such an important part of how she does her work. The sound of music when her phone rang is one of my memories from our time in Ukraine.

Masha wrote the Email last Thursday, and Darlene received it on Sunday. We saw it today. The Email contained information about several adoptive families, and Darlene forwarded to us the paragraph about Mikola. Masha is needing some legal advice concerning his case, and the lawyer she consulted was on vacation. But the lawyer asked her to telephone back last Friday, so we are very interested to hear the results of that meeting.

1 Comments:

At 7:19 AM, Blogger adoptedthree said...

I have heard all about your adoption via my excellent facilitator and best friend in Ukraine Masha! I just found your blog and knew RIGHT away it was your family of which she had talked. I love the part of the music on Masha's phone. When she did our first adoption, she had a classical piece that whenever I hear it I sing to it "mashas music". Cant wait to follow your journey. Please feel free to see my website and if you go to March 06 you can view the pictures of Masha and our daughter and Andrei too! Our email is boomerseyler@yahoo.com if you want to chat!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home