Monday, January 14, 2008

The Difference a Year Makes

February 2007
Ruslan missed seven days of school due to a persistent fever, and I missed a lot of work time staying home with him. We had quite a standoff when I finally realized he was warming the thermometer with hot water in the bathroom.

Our pastor theorized that Ruslan needed a break from school, which makes sense considering the monumental task it takes for a teenager to catch up in English. Still, I was both angry and embarassed that he fooled me with the thermometer.

January 2008
Ruslan has a (real) fever, headache, and fatigue. We have a standoff because I threaten to make him stay home from school the next morning. He insists, however, that he won't miss playing in the next day's basketball game!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home