Thursday, December 06, 2007

Another "Candy" Holiday

Dear Paul, Adam, Rachel, Sarah, and David,
I hope you received the goodies I left in your shoes last night. And you were kind to place a shoe for your Mom and another for your Dad by the front door, as well.

But Paul and Adam, you made it difficult for me to be fair in the amount of treats I left for each of you. Those high wading boots have about four times the space of the other children's shoes! Luckily, I was able to find lots of your socks in the basement to stuff into your boots before adding the food.

I know you think that Mom and Dad filled your shoes rather than me. So you think the small grape tomatoes were something they, and not I, would give? Well, remember, I know your likes and dislikes, too, and I know you really love tomatoes! I also know to minimize the amount of chocolate candy and maximize the number of hard candies and pieces of gum.

It's ok with me that your Mom and Dad are making you wait until after school to eat most of your candy. Last year, one of your teachers complained that you couldn't concentrate in school very well on Dec. 6. Your Mom had to apologize for letting you eat too much of my candy in the morning. So be good today, and you can have it for snack this afternoon--that is, if you behave well!

It was good to visit your home last night. I'll be back again next year at this time!
Love, St. Nicholas

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home