Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Extension

We are applying for the free, one-time extension to our I-171H. This is the form that indicates the U.S. government's approval of our I-600A (Application for Advance Processing of Orphan Petition). Our current I-171H, which was valid for 18 months, is expiring in July.

Jonathan sent an Email today to the Department of Homeland Security's office in Chicago. He is asking them for the proper procedure to extend our I-171H. For example, with our I-600A application, we were advised by our social worker to use overnight mail with proof of receipt. She said that if we took it to the Homeland Security Office in person, their processing would be slower, since they receive almost all I-600A documents by mail. It's better not to be the exception!

Last time we emailed this office, their reply was pretty fast. I hope they continue with their speedy responses!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home