Friday, February 05, 2010

Comparisons

All of our boys have exhibited rages, while neither girl has yet to display even one. The girls have other ways, however, to get their points across!

The older five remember their birth mother, while Kola didn't even know he had one. If the group of five wants to distinguish between their two mothers, they call us their "Ukrainian mother" and "American mother." Kola uses the terms "first mom" (me) and "second mom" (birth mother).

So imagine my surprise yesterday when Kola's rage included the following verbal hurl: "You're not my mother!" It's not that I wasn't expecting this phrase: see my blog post on May 14, 2007. But's it's interesting that the first child to say it was Kola, who never knew his birth mother. I have a hunch that this issue is contributing to his current bout of rages.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home