Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Discipline

Three days ago, I finally told David and Kola that their bad behavior had reached my limits. From now on, I told them, their lives would be different.

The next day, I had child duty for the two of them after school. Every time their behavior slipped, they had to bundle up and go outside in the snow. If they refused, I counted to three to give them time to think about it. If they still didn't budge, I picked them up and set them outside, giving them their coat, gloves, and boots, and locking the door. After ten or fifteen minutes, they could reenter the house.

David endured about four rounds. At 5:30 pm, he said he was bored and wanted to take his bath (about two hours earlier than normal). I think his real reason was the hope that I wouldn't send him outside in pajamas. Luckily, his behavior improved, and I was spared that decision!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home