Tuesday, April 20, 2010

"Mommy, The Dog Ate My Homework!"

This excuse is not as far-fetched as it seems. When the dog in question is an 8-month old dachshund puppy, he'll eat just about anything!

Our new dog Kentucky joined the family about two months ago. He's a joyful presence in our house, and has been good for everyone during some difficult times. Sue, the wife of Jonathan's department head, works at a veterinarian's office that also serves as an animal shelter. The local police dropped off a stray puppy, and his friendliness soon made him a favorite among the staff. Sue suggested we consider taking him, and after some careful consideration, Jonathan and I decided to say yes.

The kids all fell in love with Kentucky immediately, and he often sleeps under the bed covers with them. Jonathan and I love holding him, and for a puppy, he's surprisingly able to sit still for attention. Kentucky and Dakota are tolerating each other pretty well, as long as the puppy remembers his place. Also, Dakota at almost 16 is not too agile, which keeps Kentucky safer. A few days ago, the two dogs actually slept together head-to-head on our living room couch.
______

I'm writing this blog post on the 15-minute visitor station at our local library. My library card expired on March 31, which I just discovered today, so I can't sign up for the regular library computers. And I can't use the library's free Wi-Fi because my laptop is out of juice. Normally, I just plug the laptop into an electric outlet, but guess what?

"The dog ate my power cord!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home