Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Closed Reduction

Well, I'm one of the lucky ones for whom closed reduction (with lots of ibuprofin) is not painful. What a relief! I had worried all weekend about Monday's procedure. The doctor put a lot of pressure on my elbow (in the direction of my shoulder), and on the second attempt a very audible click sounded. I had a similar appointment this morning, and the final visit is tomorrow.

Between treatments, I'm wearing a sling to keep my arm somewhat still and to avoid the pull of gravity on the joint. That will allow the ligaments, tendons, and muscles to heal, and hopefully keep the bone in the correct place.

My shoulder doesn't hurt as much, but I can't tell yet if the improvement is from the restriction of motion or the reduction itself. I should know more tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home