Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Yesterday's Work

I got the first of our doctor appointments scheduled--my own doctor who is way across town. The homestudy requires a statement of my health; in addition, I'll ask my doctor to fill out the medical form for our dossier. Besides a physical, that means blood tests for HIV and syphilis.

Yesterday, Jonathan wrote another letter to the Ukrainian government stating that we want to adopt Kola, that we are the parents of his five siblings, and that our paperwork will be ready soon. I proofed the letter, and tomorrow we'll get it notarized at our bank.

Then I will take the L to the Loop to get it apostiled at the Secretary of State office. An apostile means that the notary public who vouched for our signatures is actually on the current list of notaries for Illinois. An apostile is needed for legal documents sent overseas.

After that, I'll figure out how to send a letter to Ukraine in overnight mail. Masha will translate it for us, and then turn it in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home