Friday, April 23, 2010

A Texan in Chicago

Many people in Chicago have never visited Texas, and they think it's a pretty wild place. Between Southwestern Bell's takeover of our phone system, former Gov. Ryan's ban on capital punishment, and the dislike of President George Bush by many in an overwhelmingly Democrat electorate, the press here has not been favorable toward my native state.

I love my adopted city, but the drivers in Chicago are NOT why I'm enamored. As the green light turns to red, and I'm praying that it's not a photo intersection, it's always amazing to glimpse in the rear view mirror that there's a car right behind me. When I put on my blinker to change lanes, the cars speed up rather than allowing me to merge. Very few people wave as a thank you when you do let them enter. And at a stop light, horns start honking before you've even had time to shift into first gear.

In my opinion, Texas IS very civilized.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home