Thursday, July 02, 2015

Paul Letter Conclusion 6 June 15

Saturday we did the 40 mm grenade launchers that was a lot of fun.  You shoot grenades through windows, at targets, and just to get rid of them.  Tomorrow we are going to the range again and we will pretty much be doing that till family weekend [July 4-5].  Tomorrow will be behind cover though, so before we were laying or kneeling, now we will be behind stuff like boards or a wall.  Then we will be shooting moving targets that go side to side.  Friday is the real qualification day.  That’s the one that will be on my dress uniform, and I will hopefully do as an expert again, plus you get benefits if you do good at PT and shooting.  That’s about all that’s happening for me this week.  Then next week is the 3rd APFT (Army Physical Fitness Test), and I’m aiming to get somewhere in the 280s for the score.  Also the shooting is from 50 meters to 300 meters and we use scores with laser dots now.  You can’t see the red dot unless you look in the scope.

Well let me know how everything is at home . . . . Not much more to say, just work out all the time and eat, shoot, and sleep, that’s my life till August.  Write me when you guys can and send me more pictures of anything.  – love Paul

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home