Monday, July 13, 2015

27 June 15

I previously wrote a postcard to Paul that I would be having an outpatient heart procedure on June 26th.  He received permission to telephone me on June 25th to wish me well and again on June 26th after the procedure.  Considering that he ordinarily receives his phone for 10 minutes every five weeks, I was impressed with the Army that they would allow him to call me.  We received his second phone call as I checked out of the hospital and talked with him for almost 15 minutes.  Here's a letter he wrote the next day:

Hey guys how’s it going?  So I know I called you on the 26th and said I will get leave after graduation.  Well I won’t.  I will be shipped to Washington 30 minutes after the graduation.  So if you made any plans for that, like for me to come home with you, I would cancel them.  Well that’s it that’s all the news I have since yesterday.  I will keep you posted.

-        love Paul

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home