Tuesday, July 07, 2015

Paul's Letter 14 June 15

Quote of the Week: 
Georgia is "pretty hot" in the summer!

Hey everyone hope you guys are doing good.  I don’t know if you know this but today is the Army’s birthday.  So we got to have cake at chow today but I will have to work it all off.  Tomorrow I’m having my APFT (Army Physical Fitness Test) and I’ve done the shooting qualifications now, shot expert like top 4% of the company.  So I will be going to my unit looking better than most, so that’s good.  Today we got to sleep in a little, didn’t have to wake up at 4 am, got up at 6 today.  Went to church today, cleaned the bay, and waiting to go get my haircut.  We are now in Blue Phase so 3 more weekends and I can get off the base for a while.  We should get our phones tomorrow for a little bit, probably like 10 minutes again, then I will have it over the family weekend again.  I got Burger King for shooting expert yesterday.  And as bad as those haircuts look and feel, I’m glad I’m getting one in a while, because it’s always hot here, add all the uniform and Rattle Battle Ready stuff (bullet proof uniform/vest, helmet, FLC (the thing that holds all my amo, magazines, and my water), it gets pretty hot.

Well not much happening right now but will let you know if something does.  You guys can keep writing me.  I miss you all and can’t wait to see you all.

-        love Paul


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home