Sunday, July 05, 2015

Paul's Letter 13 June 15

Hey guys
How's everything and everyone doing?  I'm still good, not much different with me, still wake up at 4 am as usual.  So yesterday I earned my first rare badge, which is really good.  Remember how I was explaining the marksman stuff in one of my other letters?  0-22 is fail, 23-29 is marksman, 30-35 is sharpshooter, 36-40 is expert.  I got expert and was in like the top 4% of the company, so when I get my badge which will go on my ASU's (my dress uniform), they will also give my name to battalion for possible medal of honor (not sure what kind).  So my first day I shot a 32 as a sharpshooter, and I ended up having 8 more rounds left at the end, to find out that one of the targets never came up, but because I scored a 32 they wouldn't let me reshoot because I did better than most people.  On the next day I shot a 38.  I missed two 300-meter targets but I'm really happy with that score.

to be continued

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home